Are you in a relationship with a married man? Are you having doubts about your decision? Are you not sure what you expect from this situation? Don’t freak out. Numerous women can vouch for the fact that a relationship with a married man can be very tricky. You should try to be calm and analyze what you want from life.
In most of these cases, women get carried away emotionally and fall for married men without judging pros and cons. In some cases, men even hide the fact that they are married and the respective women accidentally come across the fact that they are the mistresses. No matter what your story is, you should seriously think about continuing your relationship with a married man. No matter how attractive he is, no matter how much he apparently loves you, you should make sure that the relationship has a future before you get too serious about this guy. Are you clueless about when your man is going to leave his wife for you?
Well, this is the million dollar question. Here are a few things you need to understand before taking a decision about this relationship:
• Commitment issues: It is very difficult for any man to get divorced; this is especially true if he has children. A lot of social stigma is attached to ending a marriage and going for another girl. Your guy might be seriously into you, but, he won’t ever be able to commit to you over his family. His social status, prestige and maybe even his job will be affected if he leaves his wife. His marriage might be completely dysfunctional, but, even if he hates his wife, it will take a lot of guts to end the marriage.
• Tendency to cheat: If he is having an affair with you, your guy is definitely not happy with his marriage. But, instead of fighting to make the marriage work, he is simply taking the escape route and is cheating on his wife. This is utterly selfish of him and you should get a hint that this is how he manages things in his life. Also, if he cheated on his wife, what can stop him from cheating on you?
• Maximum benefits: Your guy has a family and a wife that creates a picture perfect social image for him. Also, whatever he doesn’t get from the marriage, he gets from you. Thus, it is a ‘win win’ situation for him. He would never want to destroy this balance by choosing either his marriage or you. He basically needs both the marriage and the affair to be happy. On the other hand, it is you who is getting burnt due to having a relationship with a married man.
• Guilt factor: Though you are not necessarily doing it intentionally, you are breaking his home. You will always feel responsible for being the so called ‘home wrecking woman’.
• Expectations: Okay, fine. You got attracted to him and got swept off your feet into this relationship. But, exactly what are you expecting? Be practical. You know quite well that he won’t ever leave his wife. So, why are you wasting your time and emotions over this cheater?
You should analyze the above facts and confront him about when he will get divorced. If you don’t get a clear response, walk out and never go for a relationship with a married man again.