In order to begin a life insurance telemarketing strategy you need to start by constructing a script that will work. There are numerous reasons for this including:
- You appreciate your customers and their needs much better than any other script writer ever will.
- Commonly used scripts may have been used by your competition and prospects may have previously heard them.
- You can have the script provide you with only the important information and match your offering exactly.
- There are various techniques that go into script creation. Here are a few of the key strategies to enhance conversion on any telesales strategy:
- Keep it uncomplicated, let the prospect know why you're calling them and why they should listen.
- Get to the point promptly, don't go through the complete pitch on the first call, stick to the essentials.
- The aim of this script is to generate interest, qualify the prospect, and let them know you might be calling back with more information. Nothing else should be included.
This is the simple outline you can follow:
Hi, Can I speak with XXX please? Hi XXX, this is NAME calling from XXX Insurance Company.
I'm calling is to let you know that we will have agents in your area offering no obligation quotes on life insurance. We are providing families like yours a unique new solution with their life insurance planning. I could have one of our agents give you a call tomorrow to see if you qualify for our program.
Rebuttals to some commonly asked questions:
- Even if you are over xx years in age we still have plans that you will qualify for.
- We'll be happy to give you a no obligation quote, we don't use pushy sales tactics like some other companies out there.
- If you already have insurance its great to hear you are planning ahead, but looking at us to compare rates or to supplement what you're already doing is a smart move too.
- I just need to ask you a couple quick questions to make sure you qualify for the programs we offer.
- What is your age?
- Do you have any history of seriously illness, like cancer, heart attack or stroke?
- Are you currently taking any prescribed drugs?
- Do you already have a life insurance? (if yes ask for the company name)
Thanks, that's all for now. I'll have one of our specialists follow up with you and give you a quote on a life insurance policy.
When you have a working script developed don't be afraid to make alterations. Most successful lead generation telemarketing campaigns call for some tweaking of the script to get things optimized. You will also want to come up with answers to questions that prospects may ask during the call.